Dating game killer photographs
He was paroled after 34 months, in 1974, under the "indeterminate sentencing" program popular at the time, which allowed parole boards to release offenders as soon as they demonstrated evidence of rehabilitation.
Less than two months after his release, he was re-arrested after assaulting a 13-year-old girl identified in court records as "Julie J.", who had accepted what she thought would be a ride to school.
"I can't imagine for a million years that we've got him for the only murders he's done." Alcala has been dubbed the "Dating Game killer" because he appeared on the television show “The Dating Game,” as Bachelor No. Some images sexually explicit Nine women have been identified through the photos so far, and all of them are alive. Chuck Thomas said one of them told authorities that Alcala molested her, but he added that the statute of limitations in that case has expired.
Her body was found in Westchester County, not far from her family's estate.
"The defendant used a large rock to smash in the victim's face, causing blunt force trauma, and strangled her to death by tying her belt and pant leg around her neck.
He then left the victim's body in a mountainous area in the foothills near Hollywood." The body was discovered soon after, and biological evidence was collected, but DNA technology was not yet available to find her killer.
(CNN) -- Hoping to solve numerous cold cases, authorities on Thursday released more than a hundred photos of unidentified women and children found in a storage unit that belonged to a serial killer who appeared on "The Dating Game." Investigators are trying to determine if some of the people in the pictures were victims of Rodney Alcala, 66, who was convicted in February of murdering a child and four women between November 1977 and June 1979.
A jury this week recommended a death sentence for Alcala, who appeared on the popular dating show in 1978 as Bachelor No. "We balanced the privacy concerns of those depicted in the decision to release these pictures," Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas said in a statement.